Incremental feature addition or requests for new features, feature enhancements and bug corrections trigger the start of a new release cycle. Release management starts off with the start of a new release cycle. A release cycle consists of a broad set of activities encompassing planning, design, testing, build, documentation, configuration and deployment.
Release cycles vary in duration and style based on the kind of software development life cycle followed by an organization. In a typical waterfall model, a release cycle takes a long time since the application or product is deployed only as a whole, with its entire set of features, after passing through the various stages of the development life cycle. In the case of the new agile models, there are several release life cycles called iterations or sprints where the application or product is broken down into user stories and user stories are picked and implemented for each iteration. Release management strategies for each organization are unique based on their development life cycles. Our project managers and consultants have an in-depth knowledge of the different product development life cycles like waterfall, iterative, V model and also the new agile methodologies like SCRUM, Lean, XP and TDD. This helps us to understand organizations release cycles better and helps us to determine which release management methodology best suites an organization.
Manage Releases for Agile and Traditional Life Cycle models
Both Agile and Traditional life cycle models aim for customer satisfaction and delivering high quality products within time and on budget. However, there is a marked difference in the release delivery process for the two models. Each model follows a unique approach while planning releases and taking projects to completion.
Having helped several organizations in the Healthcare, Government and Medical Technology space, each following various life cycles models from the traditional waterfall, iterative models to the new agile models, we are familiar with the best methodologies for implementing successful releases in either of the models.
For the Agile model, we facilitate releases so as to isolate new development/development for the subsequent release from the release planning activities. In this methodology, in addition to the team preparing for release, developers working on features for subsequent releases can also work on the same piece of code without interfering with the release team. This helps development for future releases to start much earlier without having to wait for the release to be over thereby allowing more time for development and testing which in turn improves product quality. Our proven release management solutions in both models provide extensive benefits to both the product development teams as well as to the business.
Release Management and Deployment Solutions from Netspective
Netspective’s release management solutions for the Healthcare, Government and Medical Technology organizations ensure that the release process results in reliable, well tested products.
- Our release management solutions help you plan, organize, configure and automate the release process. We also coordinate rollout planning and release acceptance. We align our solutions with your organizations processes and policies.
- Centralized release management for quicker, easier and reliable releases. We ensure that all deliverables that are part of the release are indeed delivered.
- Our solutions also allow for incremental release planning and continuous build.
- Making sure that all change requests are addressed and implemented. This allows for traceability so that you can ensure that all change requests planned for a release make it to production.
- Our secure solutions help prevent unauthorized changes, maintain the reliability of product release, provides role-based deployment and rollback and enforces traceability and transparency.