Before they put software into production, many enterprises conduct an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) process to make sure it’s bulletproof.
To conduct IV&V testing, IT and Product organizations in regulated industries like Healthcare, Government and Medical Technology hire third parties with no ties to the professionals who developed the software. These third parties provide a clear, unbiased analysis of software solutions being built. Testers not only verify that software is built correctly, they make sure you’re building the right product.
When performed thoroughly, the IV&V process :
- Identifies defects before you roll out your system, reduces system life cycle risks, drives development along safe lines, and minimizes cost overruns
- Assures that the product meets your standards and policies conforms to your system requirements
- It supports the decision-making process by acting as a source for technical alternatives
- Determines whether product criteria meet your goals
- Ensures the end product meets stakeholder expectations
- Enhances employees of confidence in system performance
- Increases customer satisfaction / retention
How Netspective can help?
With its years of experience in the IT industry, its multi-disciplinary expertise, and its capacity for qualitative and quantitative analysis and assessment, Netspective has developed strong IV&V capabilities. We offer everything you need to complete a robust IV&V process which will greatly improve the value you can realize from your system.Independent Verification & Validation process covers the entire software development life cycle. Our core services include:
- Strategic reviews to ensure compliance with project management plans, schedules and the work breakdown structure
- Review of processes, milestones and various artifacts to ensure effective risk management
- Review of documented requirements specifications against expected outcomes
- Comprehensive audit of system architecture against architectural concepts and industry standards
- Analysis of system design document for completeness, appropriateness and compliance with industry best practices
- Code review to check adherence to industry coding standards
- Development of acquisition risk management plans covering design, coding, integration and testing