- First you need to stop Denyhosts service, by following command.
[[email protected] ~]# /etc/init.d/denyhosts stop
- Next open file /etc/hosts.deny with below command.
[[email protected] ~]# vi /etc/hosts.deny
Delete blocked IP address, then save and close above file.
- Now go to directory called /usr/share/denyhosts/data or /var/lib/denyhosts/
[[email protected] ~]# cd /var/lib/denyhosts/
- Next you need to delete blocked IP from all below following files with help of vi editor.
- Once you removed your blocked IP from all above files, then start Denyhosts service.
[[email protected] data]# /etc/init.d/denyhosts start